Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'll say a little prayer for you

Although I'm not finished with my "Leaving On A Jet Plane" series,  I had to make this post.

Last night Kevin (my husband) and I were just outside our apartment building, going to McDonald's, when we saw a young man get hit by a van. By the time we got to him, the guy's arm was pinned under the car. (Through the language barrier), Kevin was able to get the lady to back off of his arm and I tried to keep him calm and still, (not knowing if he was seriously injured). The lady driving the van got out in a panic, screaming and bending down to hug the boy. She then turn to us and said, "My son". 

The boy was obviously in pain, the lady was overwhelmed by emotions and Kevin, in his best attempt, was trying to look the guy over for anything obvious and convince the lady to call an ambulance. I ran down to get the gate guard, and by the time we got back to the scene of the accident, the mom had put her son in the car, refused to talk to the guard and drove away.

By this point I was in tears. There was nothing more we could do to help either one of them out.

(Here in Korea, a driver can get in A LOT of trouble for hitting a pedestrian.) With that being said, I pray that the mother took him to the hospital to get checked out instead of worrying about her consequences.

After finishing what we originally went out for, I came home and hugged my kids. There is so much going on out there. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives that we forget to look at the blessings we have right in front of us.

Be careful out there and be sure to tell somebody you care about that you love them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! that would've turned out so different here in the US!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very heart breaking, but I have faith that everything is ok.

      Delete